ADSM-L

password exposed !

2003-01-13 07:40:17
Subject: password exposed !
From: Xavier Merlin <xavier.merlin AT KBC DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:21:35 +0100
Hello,

I am trying to use server-to-server communication to route commands, in
particular updating a password on several servers at once. If you update a
password locally (via upd admin) on the TSM server then  the password gets
concealed but when using routing a lot of messages are generated  which
unfortunately do display the password !

(note: userid,password and tsm server name in the following actlog lines
were intentionally renamed)

01/10/2003 11:16:57   ANR2017I Administrator SUPERMAN issued command:
GOTHAM_SERVER:
                       UPDATE ADMIN catwoman ?***?
01/10/2003 11:16:57   ANR1699I Resolved GOTHAM_SERVER to 1 server(s) -
issuing
                       command upd admin catwoman kitty against server(s).
01/10/2003 11:16:58   ANR1687I Output for command \'upd admin catwoman
kitty\'
                       issued against server GOTHAM_SERVER follows:
01/10/2003 11:16:58   ANR1688I Output for command \'upd admin catwoman
kitty\'
                       issued against server GOTHAM_SERVER completed.
01/10/2003 11:16:58   ANR1694I Server GOTHAM_SERVER processed command \'upd
admin
                       catwoman kitty\' and completed successfully.
01/10/2003 11:16:58   ANR1697I Command \'upd admin catwoman kitty\'
processed by 1
                       server(s):  1 successful, 0 with warnings, and 0
with
                       errors.

Anyone noticed this in particular ? How to solve this ?

Help appreciated

Xavier Merlin

DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please
notify KBC immediately and then delete this e-mail.
KBC does not accept liability for the correct and complete transmission of the
information, nor for any delay or interruption of the transmission, nor for
damages arising from the use of or reliance on the information.
All e-mail messages addressed to, received or sent by KBC or KBC employees are
deemed to be professional in nature. Accordingly, the sender or recipient of
these messages agrees that they may be read by other KBC employees than the
official recipient or sender in order to ensure the continuity of work-related
activities and allow supervision thereof.