ADSM-L

Archive with deletion of files

2003-01-11 07:46:29
Subject: Archive with deletion of files
From: Mario Behring <mariobehring AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 04:43:52 -0800
Hi list,

I have to create an archive operation that deletes files that had not been
accessed for more than one year (365 days) and store these files on tape for
two years. This archive will take place only once a year.

All backup/archive operations are direct-to-tape operations.

How do I configure this at TSM ? Should I create a new policy set and
management class for this operation ? Where do I inform TSM that the files not
accessed for more than 1 year have to be archived for two years but deleted at
the client machine ?

Thanks.

Mario Behring
IT Consultant