ADSM-L

Gigabit Ether Channel

2003-01-10 13:06:52
Subject: Gigabit Ether Channel
From: Jeff G Kloek <Jeff.Kloek AT IPAPER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:05:56 -0600
Has anyone set up Gig Etherchannel to a Cisco Switch?
We're about to test this with a P670 on AIX 5.2 with 4 (supported) Gig
Ethernet cards.
The question from our Wan group in planning the switch changes is,
"Do we use PAgP or not?".
I talked with IBM, who didn't recognize that protocol. This tells me we're
not set up to specifically recognize it, but I'm still putting the question
the experts. I can't see how it would hurt, especially based on what the
Cisco site says about it, that it helps in the automatic creation of fast
Ethernet
Links".

Thanks!!