ADSM-L

Re: TSM Disk Pool Management

2003-01-10 08:53:16
Subject: Re: TSM Disk Pool Management
From: John Underdown <johnunderdown AT STI.SYNOVUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 08:49:41 -0500
Mark,

We been using a all disk backuppool for a number of years now. It's grown to
4TB, we just keep adding disk expansion to the server as we need more storage
(We are now looking at the new ATA Raid Expansion Cabinets 3TB for $10,000).
We backup 377 servers (80 to 100 GB total) nightly and growing. The TSM
database is 15GB sitting on raid 10 with 15K rpm drives (very fast) , i also
defrag the DB monthly. This is a dream setup and works very well, restores run
in the blink of a eye. I run the TSM server  by myself as a part-time duty. The
only problem you'll have is figuring out what to do with all your free time.

The is a common topic on the list, search the achives at www.adsm.org. Let me
know if you have any questions.

John
Synovus
Synovus Makes FORTUNE '100 Best Companies To Work For' in America For Sixth
Straight Year.