ADSM-L

LTO 3583 V2_80_41 firmware issue

2003-01-10 02:50:35
Subject: LTO 3583 V2_80_41 firmware issue
From: Tomáš Hrouda <throuda AT HTD DOT CZ>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 08:49:31 +0100
Hi all,

I would like to save time of all of you in case of upgrading LTO 3583
firmware to 2_80_0041 level. I did it two days ago from 2_72_0012 and with
unpleasant surprise. Tape labels readed from barcodes are with default
settings in 2_80_0041 WITHOUT trailing "L1" characters. When I restarted TSM
server and performed first AUDIT LIBRARY, whole tapes gone out and new
checked labels were 6 characters long and unknown for TSM (using tapes).

There is new item in library menu: MORE - SETUP - LIBRARY - MEDIA, which has
default value NORMAL (providing 6 characters label) and must be set to
EXTENDED for full label providing. Very unlucky default setting, it counted
three hours of my life at cunstomer with rising hair on my head, when I had
no "known" volumes in library.

Tom