ADSM-L

Re: How to check utilization of your storagepools automaticly

2003-01-09 10:06:52
Subject: Re: How to check utilization of your storagepools automaticly
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 16:05:39 +0100
Hi

"select count(*) from libvolumes where status='Scratch'" will return the
number of available scratch volumes

The above is not applicable when using Gresham EDT. In this case, you will
need to use cmdproc -l q pool "pool number"(usually 7 with gresham) to
show the number available scratch volumes.

"select stgpool_name, pct_utilized from stgpools where pct_utilized > 80"
will return all stgpools that have a utilization above 80%.

If you are using a UNIX-based server, you can issue the above TSM commands
with dsmadmc, and then pipe it into a mail using "command">mail -s Status
"reciepients"

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 HÄGERNÄS
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

Nilsson Niklas <ninil AT WMDATA DOT COM>
2003-01-09 15:38