ADSM-L

Speaking of problems with the web-admin interface.......

2003-01-08 11:40:54
Subject: Speaking of problems with the web-admin interface.......
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:40:30 -0500
Recently, we have started to notice lots of problems with client
passwords, after reseting them via the web-admin interface.

This just started  when we went to 4.2.3.x (had to install the ".2 patch"
level due to the problems with 4.2.3.0 and node names that contained such
strange, off-the wall characters like "." and "-" .......gee...who would
use such characters ;-) ?

Seems that after reseting the password via web-admin, the user can only
sign in once. Then we get messages about the password being EXPIRED ?

Considering that I don't have any values for the PASSWORD EXPIRATION
PERIOD value, should this be considered a new "bug" or is someone aware of
this problem ?