ADSM-L

New Library

2003-01-06 07:48:43
Subject: New Library
From: Paul van Dongen <paul AT VANGUARD-IT.COM DOT BR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 09:40:07 -0300
Hello everybody,

    We are in the process of switching from a SCSI-attached 3583 library
with 4 drives to a FC-attached 3584 with 8 drives. My question is: If I
check out all volumes from the 3583, replace it with the 3584, adjust device
names and so on, can I check the tapes back into the new library and use
them right away, or will I have to connect both libraries, define new device
classes/storage pools and copy all the contents of the 3583's tapes to the
3584's tapes?

Thank you all for your help

--
Paul Gondim van Dongen