ADSM-L

Re: Gigabit Ethernet speed

2003-01-02 14:42:55
Subject: Re: Gigabit Ethernet speed
From: "Conko, Steven" <sconko AT ADT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 12:40:29 -0700
we're running aix 4.3.3 ML 10, so we have to have our gig e network cards
set to auto_negotiate as they do not have a setting for 1000. a check of the
device reports it IS running at 1000 MB full duplex.

for our primary backups (i.e. database/large file) we are typically seeing
between 8K - 15K. for system level backups (smaller files* we have seen up
to 20K.

we do not have jumbo frames enabled, but i think we could do so because the
gigabit backbone is dedicated to backups. if we enable jumbo frames, what
should we set the mtu size to?