ADSM-L

Unload,load db (with 3494 shared library)

2002-12-30 16:05:55
Subject: Unload,load db (with 3494 shared library)
From: brian welsh <brianwelsh3 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 22:00:44 +0100
Hello,

AIX 5.1, TSM 4.2.2.8, 3494 automated library sharing with s/390 lpar's.
Database blew up to 100% by AIX-client with symbolic link in loop. Solve the
problem, delete that data, db util is back 48%, but maximum reduction and
extension are '0'. Some actions fail with errors like 'tablespace
exhausted'. Define new volume and extend db. Errors disappear, but now I
have to unload and load db. So here's the question:

Does anyone have a standard procedure for unloaddb and loaddb. I know it was
on the list, but my problem is the automated library that we share with
s/390 lpar's. I understand from the guide that we have to define the library
as manual and put the library in pause during unload and load. Is there
another way?

Is an audit db after a load db most of the time necessary, or not?

Any hints/tips are welcome!

Thanks,

Brian.

Ontvang je Hotmail & Messenger berichten op je mobiele telefoon met Hotmail
SMS http://www.msn.nl/jumppage/