ADSM-L

Re: Filespaces Remain from years ago

2002-12-30 07:14:42
Subject: Re: Filespaces Remain from years ago
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 04:08:50 -0800
There is no setting that I know of that governs when those type entries will
be removed.
If an entire mount point goes away, TSM has no way of ever knowing "WHY" and
thus won't purge the data.
(better safe than sorry)
I run a report on a regular basis that is basically the below select
command.
(I do have a lot of filters that exclude things I already know about, don't
care about, etc...)

select node_name,filespace_name as "Filespace Name
",cast((
backup_end) as varchar(10)) as "Date" from adsm.filespaces where
(cast((current_
timestamp-backup_end)day as decimal(18,0))>3 )

Note that the above wraps at 80 chars. but is actually one long line...

Anyway, since all boxes are expected to have nightly incrementals run
against then,
when I find a filesystem that hasn't had a successful backup in over 3 days,

I get with the admin for that node and ask them ~what is going on~.
If it is a file system that no longer exists, I can purge it from a TSM
admin session with the "del file <node> <fsname>" command.

Just my way of dealing with it...

Dwight E. Cook
Software Application Engineer III
509 S. Boston Ave.  Suite 220