ADSM-L

Re: w2k cluster and lanfree backup/restore

2002-12-25 03:29:40
Subject: Re: w2k cluster and lanfree backup/restore
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 02:45:05 +0200
Stefan,

-       no problems to best of my knowledge. This is a supported
configuration.
-       just put "enablelanfree yes" in each dsm.opt and restart
schedulers.
-       you need only two Storage Agents - one for each node. It might be
possible to have more than one Storage Agent but is useless. Node services
for local resources might be better to stay over LAN. Each
cluster-resource service will contact the Storage Agent on the
local/active server over "LAN" (TCP/IP address 127.0.0.1).
-       the number of paths you have to define is two times the number of
the drives - all drives from each storage agent. You cannot define paths
only to part of the drives - the server can mount the tape in a drive you
have no path to.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

TSM <tsm AT PROFI-AG DOT DE>