ADSM-L

Re: BackupSet on CD?

2002-12-24 16:50:45
Subject: Re: BackupSet on CD?
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 23:11:17 +0200
You have to define FILE class and set maxcap less than CD size. The data
will be split in several TSM volumes (files) and each volume will go on
separate CD.
Have in mind that volume label of the CD must match the filename (TSM
volume label). Look at TSM Administrator's Reference (v5.1 for AIX,
GC32-0769-00, p.174):
"The label on the media must meet the following restrictions:
        - No more than 11 characters
        - Same name for file name and volume label "
This might not be problem for local backupset restores but is mandatory
for server backupsets over devclass with type REMOVABLEFILE. DirectCD
creates random CD volume label beginning with creation date. This label
will not match TSM volume label.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Murthy V Gongala <gmurthy AT IN.IBM DOT COM>
21.12.2002 09:36