ADSM-L

Difference between Archive & Selective

2002-12-24 14:03:31
Subject: Difference between Archive & Selective
From: "Anderson, Michael - HMIS" <Michael_Anderson AT HMIS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 14:04:06 -0500
        I have an AIX client running very slow backups, we have been looking
into a couple of things, when we noticed something
     strange. If we run an archive on the box instead of a selective backup
the speed improves by like 4 times. It went from over six
     hours down to just over an hour. The numbers on the files inspected and
backed up look the same. Has anybody else seen
     anything like this? The server level is 4.2.3. on aix 4.3.3  client is
4.2.2.1 on aix 4.3.3

     Mike Anderson
     Michael_Anderson AT hmis DOT org

confidential