ADSM-L

Apparent memory leak

2002-12-24 11:40:17
Subject: Apparent memory leak
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 11:37:15 -0500
We are running a 4.2.1.9 TSM server under OS/390. We started seeing
crippling performance problems when the database got up around 15
gigabytes. Increases in bufpoolsize, region size, and available real
memory (by shifting memory from another logical partition on the
same processor complex) had only a temporary effect. It now appears
that each time we stop and restart the server we get about one day
of pretty good performance, followed by a day of margional performance,
followed by one or more days of catostrophic performance. The buffer
pool hit rate seems to decrease steadily after each restart. This
pattern of behavior suggests a memory leak. Does the 4.2.1.9 server
have known problems in this regard?