ADSM-L

Re: TSM database full backup to tape question

2002-12-23 16:50:23
Subject: Re: TSM database full backup to tape question
From: Rosa Leung <rosal AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 16:48:43 -0500
Tony,

If you run  deleted  volshitory ( "Del  volhistory t=dbbackup
todate=today-1,,,") ,  then  you do not require to re-init  or  delete any
of the DB tapes physically,  The tape labels  can be re-used  if  they are
older than the date that you specified in todate option.
Otherwise,  system will tell you the tape label  is busy,  you cannot do
the backup using this label.   Look the help text on Del Volhistory, and
Backup DB)

THx

Rosa Leung

                      Tony W
                      <tony AT LANSIR DOT COM.        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      TW>                      cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  TSM database  full
backup to tape question
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      12/21/2002 10:05
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hi everybody:
our tsm server database need full backup to 4mm tape with weekly.
my question is how to delete old backup tape and reuse it.

Thank
Tony W