ADSM-L

Re: TDP R/3

2002-12-23 16:28:28
Subject: Re: TDP R/3
From: Rolf Meyer <rolf.meyer AT SUBNET DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 09:09:07 +0100
Hello,

we are actually testing TDP for SAP (the oracle flavour). We do this to
implement the backup process into the standard SAP environment.
>From my point of view this is the only benefit. All control and scheduling of
backups for the SAP instance can be done in the SAPDBA transaction. Doing it
in this manner allows reporting of backup processes out of the standard SAP
logs and all management of SAP backups moves to the SAP basic support group.