ADSM-L

Re: Slow AIX Client backup

2002-12-20 07:19:58
Subject: Re: Slow AIX Client backup
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 04:14:17 -0800
try watching the interface on the tsm server, if your site in general
doesn't run client compression, your server's interface might be flooded by
other traffic.  (heck, even if your clients run compression you still might
flood the interface)

#!/bin/ksh
# my_ent_stats
# if run hourly, will give output to track hourly traffic...
#   output files are
# /home/dsmadmin/ent#.stats
# /home/dsmadmin/ent#.stats.<Dow>  where Dow is 3 letter abbr of weekday
# THIS MUST BE RUN BY ROOT IN ORDER TO RESET THE INTERFACE STATISTICS
#
for INTERFACE in $(netstat -in | grep ^e | cut -d' ' -f1 | sort -u )
do
echo $(date +"%a-%b-%d-%Y-%H:%M") $(entstat $INTERFACE | grep ^Bytes | sed
's/
 / /g' | sed 's/Bytes:/ /g') >> /home/dsmadmin/$INTERFACE.stats
echo $(date +"%a-%b-%d-%Y-%H:%M") >> /home/dsmadmin/$INTERFACE.stats.$(date
+%a)
entstat $INTERFACE >> /home/dsmadmin/$INTERFACE.stats.$(date +%a)
entstat -r $INTERFACE 1>/dev/null 2>&1
done
chmod ugo+rw /home/dsmadmin/en*
exit