ADSM-L

Re: server access through different network card (ipadres)

2002-12-19 07:10:54
Subject: Re: server access through different network card (ipadres)
From: Raghu S <raghu AT COSMOS.DCMDS.CO DOT IN>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 17:41:46 +0530
use 'tcpclientaddress   ipaddress' in client option file ( windows
:dsm.opt; unix:dsm.sys ).  The schedmode should prompted in this case.

Regards

Raghu.

                    Michelle Wiedeman
                    <michelle.wiedeman@MU        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                    LTRIX.COM>                   cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist         Subject:     server access
through different
                    Stor Manager"                network card (ipadres)
                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    12/19/2002 04:55 PM
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

hi all,

server adsm 3.1 on AIX 4.3.3 ML 10
client tsm4.1 on AIX 4.3.3 ML 10

This client has been having problems with its network. every night during
the backup the costumers cannot access their databases because the network
card cant handle the load.
Now The idea is to use a second networkcard solely for TSM. Now I cant find
anywhere how I can make TSM understand to access through the other
networkcard as its always accesses the client on clientname and not IP
adres.
And as far as ive seen tsm accesses through the primary IP adres.

does anyone know how to do this? and if its actually possible?
I must have it solved by tonight.

michelle