ADSM-L

Atape Help

2002-12-18 10:36:48
Subject: Atape Help
From: Bruce Kamp <bkamp AT MHS DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:32:47 -0500
Envirnment:
TSM 5.1.1.6 on AIX 4.3.3 ML10
Atape version:7.1.5.0
4 3590 drives in a 3494

The problem I'm having is I keep getting files called Atape.rmt#.dump_h# in
/var/adm/ras.  One time I was not paying close enough attention to available
disk space on my TSM server & these files filled up var!!!  Are these normal
or do they point to a problem?  Does anybody else get these?  If so do you
just use a script to get rid of them?
A while back I called IBM hardware & they said it was an AIX problem.  I
called software & they said it was a hardware problem.  At this point I had
more impotant things to worry about so I gave up on IBM!

Thanks,
Bruce Kamp
Midrange Systems Analyst II
Memorial Healthcare System
E-mail: bkamp AT mhs DOT net <mailto:bkamp AT mhs DOT net>
Phone: (954) 987-2020 x4597
Fax: (954) 985-1404