ADSM-L

Re: [Very OT] Can we cut out the "me, toos"

2002-12-18 10:14:07
Subject: Re: [Very OT] Can we cut out the "me, toos"
From: Kai Hintze <kai.hintze AT ALBERTSONS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:12:56 -0700
Hey guys, lighten up! And read what he said. Those of us forced to use
poorly designed mailers might find it easier to have  both addresses in the
Reply-To field. Personally, I disagree, but I will do so politely. (And I
can speak with authority about poorly designed mailers. I am forced not only
to use Outlook, but some bright person disabled "Reply All" so that in my
office  we _have_ to cut and paste to carry out a group conversation.)

Yes, people should think about who they are sending to. Yes, education might
help, but awareness helps more. But a good mail client would make it easier.

BTW, netiquette never was what it used to be (or at least it hasn't been
since 1979).

- Kai.

"Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention
to their limitations again." -- James R. Cook