ADSM-L

Re: timeout value for processes

2002-12-18 05:50:45
Subject: Re: timeout value for processes
From: Richard Foster <Richard.Foster AT HYDRO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 11:50:00 +0100
The Mountwait parameter only specifies how long the process will wait for a
tape to be mounted after the process has been allocated the necessary
drive(s).

If I understand Henrik's question, there doesn't appear to be a parameter
which governs how long a process will wait for the tape drives to become
available.

We just run a script which cancels all Reclaim processes, whether they are
active, waiting for tape mounts or waiting for drives.

Richard Foster
Norsk Hydro

----------------------------
mountwait parameter in devclass definition

regds
Raghu

Hi all!

Is there a server option or a another why to specify for how long a process
will be active?

Example, If all drives are busy I might not want reclamation to be pending
for hours until two drive becomes available.

Henrik.Wahlstedt