ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Domino

2002-12-17 13:05:50
Subject: Re: TDP for Domino
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:05:39 -0500
Geoff,

Someone must have run a BA client backup using the same NODENAME.
DP for Domino will only create and use 2 filespaces per Domino server:
   servername.DOMDBS
   servername.DOMLOGS

As far as the "platform" field... the TSM Server will update the
platform for all filespaces under that node based upon the
application that connected to it LAST. It looks like your "dev02"
box must still have a BA client backing up to it using the same
NODENAME as DP for Domino. I wouldn't delete that until you look
into it further because it may contain some valid data
backing up under that node (D-CP-ITS-DOMDEV02) and you just
didn't realize it.

There are no plans to modify the "Capacity" and "Pct Util"
because the DP for Domino filespaces are not "File systems"
like "Drives" under Windows and do not have a concept of
"Capacity" or "Pct Util" as defined by their field meanings.
(Unless you stretch the meaning.. which we didn't want to do.)

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Never cut what can be untied.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.

> On 3 of 10 TDP Domino backups I can see filespaces listed within TSM that
> belong to the C$ drive. See below. One of the 3 also shows the Platform
as
> WINNT, yet the others report as TDP Domino NT. I'm not sure how to see
the
> actual last time the filespace in question was backed up, since it
doesn't
> belong there I could only imagine it happened when they first set up the
> client side, maybe using the wrong nodename? The standard filespaces are
> backed up with a different node name than the TDP Domino stuff.
>
> Can anyone shed some light on why I have 3 nodes with the C$ in the
Domino