ADSM-L

w2k cluster and lanfree backup/restore

2002-12-17 08:44:12
Subject: w2k cluster and lanfree backup/restore
From: TSM <tsm AT PROFI-AG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 14:24:59 +0100
Hi ,

are there any known problems with backup/restore a w2k cluster over san
(lanfree)

and which is the easiest way to "migrate" an existing w2k cluster from
backup over LAN
to lanfree backup?

we have two cluster nodes with 2 local disks each, and 4 managed cluster
goups. ( 6 tsm nodes)

how many storage agents services have we to define (for every tsm node, 6
?)

i think, we have to entry "enablelanfree yes" in every dsm option file and
to install 6 different storage agent services for every tsm node, am i
right ?

what about the paths on the tsm server ? yet i have no idea how many paths
we have to define

is there a redbook or something else available?

thanks for your help.

with best regards

stefan savoric

s.savoric AT profi-ag DOT de