ADSM-L

Re: ANS1029E Communications have been dropped

2002-12-14 23:20:35
Subject: Re: ANS1029E Communications have been dropped
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 23:19:32 -0500
>I registed a new client and I am unable q the server successfully. These are
>the messages in my error log:
>12/14/02   18:24:28 ANS1029E Communications have been dropped.

That's a common error when one spends Saturday night registering clients...
My note in  http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts  may help:

ANS1029E Communications have been dropped.
        Could be caused by having the PASSWORDAccess Generate option, and the
        NODename option as well.  If so, eliminate the latter.

After you registered the client, from that client did you as root perform a
trivial client-server action like 'dsmc q f' to assure interactability and
store an automatically-used password on the client, if so configured?

  Richard