ADSM-L

Backup of Tape Pool Still Running!

2002-12-13 23:27:32
Subject: Backup of Tape Pool Still Running!
From: Nelson Kane <TSMUser AT AOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 23:26:41 EST
Hello TSM'ers,
Did anyone come across this issue, we have a scheduled back that starts
at 6am, and usually ends by 9. I just logged on to check on other processes
and noticed that the schedule is still running but the byte count is not
changing:
Primary Pool UNIX_TAPEPOOL, Copy Pool DRM_TAPE_-
                               POOL, Files Backed Up: 2179, Bytes Backed Up:

                               3,930,293,749, Unreadable Files: 0, Unreadable

I issued a 'can pr' command and was prompted that the cancel is already
pending!
Thus, I can't cancel it. I hate to just bounce the TSM server without knowing
what might have caused this error! any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
-kane