ADSM-L

Re: filespaces not deleted

2002-12-13 11:12:25
Subject: Re: filespaces not deleted
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 08:06:40 -0800
When a file system just ~up & goes away~  TSM has no way of knowing WHY ???
might have died due to the media on which it resides died
might have gone away because someone just unmounted it
might have gone away because someone deleted it (for whatever reason)

So.... TSM freezes that entire filesystem until
        it comes back and resumes normal incremental processing
OR
        you purge it from an admin session...

Dwight E. Cook
Software Application Engineer III