ADSM-L

Re: Audit db

2002-12-13 10:22:23
Subject: Re: Audit db
From: Sias Dealy <hnre AT UREACH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:18:39 -0500
Mario,

Audit library is to check the server library volume inventory
consistance with the volumes that are located in an automated
library.
Since you do not have an automated library, the audit library
will not work.

I have heard some horror story about auditdb.
I do not know if TSM 5.1 have improved the auditdb performance.
In the older TSM version the auditdb can take a long time to
complete. Then there are some lucky ones were the auditdb
completes within several hours.

Sias

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On    , Mario Behring (mariobehring AT YAHOO DOT COM) wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I have to check the consistencies between a TSM database and
the volume tapes used to backup and
> archive files. The library is an IBM 3590 with two drives and
it is not automated, I mean, there is
> an operator that feeds it with the tapes TSM asks for.
>
> The TSM Server is 5.1 and is running on a W2K box. Should I
use the audit db or audit library command