ADSM-L

SQL Backtrack and TSM

2002-12-12 10:35:28
Subject: SQL Backtrack and TSM
From: Rob Hefty <R.Hefty AT LABSAFETY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 09:13:25 -0600
Hello all,

We have a SQL Backtrack process that invokes a TSM retrieval and has been
aborting with the error: ANS1314E (RC14)   File data currently unavailable
on server.  To remedy this we created a management class that would move
this data directly to our primary diskpool instead of pooling up in our
tapepool first.  This was to eliminate a possibility of migration moving the
data before SQL Backtrack was able to accept the data.

Other fixes we have tried is to set our IDLETimeout much higher in hopes
that the extra time would allow SQL Backtrack time to create the
destination, then retrieve to it.  Unfortunately Tivoli has been unusually
slow in responding, so any help on this would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Rob