ADSM-L

Procedures to follow after a drive with a stuck tape is replaced -- 3584 library

2002-12-12 08:27:09
Subject: Procedures to follow after a drive with a stuck tape is replaced -- 3584 library
From: "Thach, Kevin" <KThach AT COVHLTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:26:25 -0500
The other day I had to replace one of the drives in my 3584 library because
a tape was jammed in it.  This tape was being written to by a migration
process when it jammed (during daily processing).  The procedure went on to
complete successfully, but a q libvol shows that the tape is still in the
library in a private status even though it has been destroyed.  Last night I
had a restore fail (I'm guessing some of the data was on the tape that got
stuck?)

I basically need to know what procedures / commands need to be executed once
a tape has been destroyed to ensure that the data on that tape is available
on another tape.

I figure an audit library will make it recognize it's gone, but how do I
deal with the data?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

This E-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended only
for the use of the Individual(s) named above.  If you are not the intended
recipient of this E-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination or copying of this E-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this E-mail in error, please immediately notify us at (865)
374-4900 or notify us by E-mail at hdesk AT covhlth DOT com.