ADSM-L

Re: ?? Cost on a storage frame on 3494

2002-12-11 11:08:33
Subject: Re: ?? Cost on a storage frame on 3494
From: John Wright <John.J.Wright AT GSK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:05:46 +0000
Last retail price I had on a frame was about £21k though discounts are
available.

3590H. I looked into these, they can be SCSI or Fibre channel. If you
already have SCSI the default upgrade is to 3590H SCSI.
For a few hundred £ more you can have them converted to FC at the same
time you have the upgrade done.
These can be directly fibre attached to the Unix host or to the host via a
switched network but don't forget to include fibre HBAs for the Host in
your budget.

I hear IBM are doing a seasonal special on this very upgrade right now.

Regards
John

"Lisa Cabanas" <CABANL AT MODOT DOT NET>

Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
11-Dec-2002 15:47
Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>