ADSM-L

Virtual Volumes & Storage Pools

2002-12-09 17:39:48
Subject: Virtual Volumes & Storage Pools
From: Gordon Woodward <gordon.woodward AT DB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:23:42 +1100
Can anyone tell me how you define what storage pools a SOURCE server uses on a
TARGET server when doing SERVER to SERVER operations? I've tried looking for
the answer in the TSM Admin Guide and searching this list but to no avail.

Currently we have a Primary TSM server and a Backup TSM server, with all backup
data on our Primary server being copied across to our Backup server for DR
purposes. On the Primary server we have a SERVER type DEVCLASS called OFFSITE
which points to our Backup server (as per TSM Admin guide). On the Backup
server we have two storage-pools, one diskpool called ARCH-S2S which flows onto
a TAPEPOOL called TAPE-S2S.

My question is, how does our the Backup server know that any data sent from the
Primary server needs to go to a specific pool? The reason I ask is the TSM
consultants we had in a while ago set all this up for us but now we are having
problems as all data sent from our Primary server is going straight to the
TAPE-S2S instead of our ARCH-S2S storagepool like it was initially. We've
looked through all the configuration settings, both on our Primary and Backup
TSM servers but can't find anything which defines this relationhip.

Any helpful pointers on where to look?

Thanks in advance!

Gordon

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.