ADSM-L

Journaling

2002-12-09 10:47:47
Subject: Journaling
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 07:46:49 -0800
We have a server with over 4 million files and growing. It's been a real
pain getting journaling to work and I was wondering if anyone else with a
similar size server has this running smoother than I do. I don't seem to
have any trouble with servers that have less than half a million files.

TSM support has recommended I bump this option. What might be a good number
to start with? Are there any other options in the tsmjbbd.ini that need
attention as well?

; Notification Buffer Size
;
NotifyBufferSize=0x00100000

Thanks,
Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:    <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com> gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (877) 905-7154