ADSM-L

Re: Two Windows backup questions (repost)

2002-12-09 10:40:09
Subject: Re: Two Windows backup questions (repost)
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 08:39:28 -0700
Microsoft does not support the "system state" concept on Windows NT 4.0,
and so TSM can't support it, either. On NT 4.0, it is correct that all you
see is the registry and event log in the "SYSTEM OBJECT" file space. In
sum, Windows NT 4.0 support is as it always has been: TSM backs up regular
files, registry, and event log.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

"Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
12/09/2002 08:26