ADSM-L

NT / TSM 4.0 cant Kill a Process

2002-12-09 09:45:17
Subject: NT / TSM 4.0 cant Kill a Process
From: Tony Morgan <TONY.MORGAN AT FORTISBANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 15:39:14 +0100
Help Please!

I have a process which is preventing my Tivoli server from running an audit
which is required to "see" the tape..... I have an urgent restore which
can't get a look in!!!

This is NT / TSM 4.0

I have tried "Canc #" and rebooted NT and power cycled the tape library and
everything else I can think of...  Any ideas (large hammer?).

Please reply direct if you can.. I don't want to miss the answer.

Many Thanks
Tony

tony.morgan AT fortisbank DOT com

Process Process Description  Status

  Number
-------- --------------------
       2 Space Reclamation    Volume 001006 (storage pool OFFSITETAPEPOOL),

                               Moved Files: 0, Moved Bytes: 0, Unreadable

                               Files: 0, Unreadable Bytes: 0. Current
Physical
                               File (bytes): 2,769,295,126
Waiting for mount of
                               input volume 001027 (366 seconds).
Current
                               output volume: 001076.

       3 AUDIT LIBRARY        ANR8459I Auditing volume inventory for library

                               SCALAR100.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the addressee. The content of this
e-mail may have been changed without the consent of the originator.
The information supplied must be viewed in this context. If you have
received this e-mail in error please notify our Helpdesk by
telephone on +44 (0) 20-7444-8444. Any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail or its attachments is
strictly prohibited.