ADSM-L

Re: 4.2.3 Upgradedb - ??

2002-12-06 10:20:04
Subject: Re: 4.2.3 Upgradedb - ??
From: Lars Bebensee <LBebensee AT HAITEC DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 16:19:20 +0100
Hi there,

this kind of question popped up some days ago. You should still be able to
find the thread. One of the things I realized was the following:
If you do the upgrade while the dsmserv process was still running next time
you start it it will fail and tell you to invoke it with the upgradedb
option. If you do the upgrade without dsmserv running, the upgrade of the
database will start automagically at dsmserv startup. But since I have not
done every possible upgrade this may also vary from release to release.

Cya Lars