ADSM-L

Re: aix client installation

2002-12-06 08:11:38
Subject: Re: aix client installation
From: Lars Bebensee <LBebensee AT HAITEC DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 14:11:04 +0100
On 06.12.2002 11:20:57 "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" wrote:

> dear all!
>
> I just intalled 2 aix clients as described in the readme file
> (aix 4.3, tsm client 4.2.2.1)
> all worked fine, but I am not sure, how to start the scheduler correct.
>
> I inserted the following lines to /etc/inittab
>
> tsm::once:/usr/bin/dsmc sched > /dev/null 2>&1
> tsmws::once:/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmcad > /dev/null 2>&1
>
> on an other older aix machine (aix 4.3, tsm 4.1.2) the inittab is
different:

> tsm:2:once:startsrc -s dsmc >/dev/console 2>&1 #Start TSM Client
Scheduler
> tsmws:2:once:/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/rc.adsmws >/dev/console 2>&1
#Start
> Webshell
>
> why can't I use startsrc on the 1st machine?

Hi there,

as far as I know there's no src functionality for the tsm client available
per default. So unless someone seriously got  srcmstr convinced, it would
not start the dsmc in scheduling mode. You will have to start the client
side scheduler with "dsmc sched" like in the first example.
However it should be possible to add a subsystem to the system resource
controller with something like:
$ mkssys -s dsmc -p /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmc -u0 -R -S -n15 -f3
-a " sched"
Hereafter it should be possible to start and stop the scheduler via the
startsrc and stopsrc commands. I would actually not name the subsystem dsmc
but something like dsmsched to avoid confusion with invoking the dsmc
command line client.

Cya Lars