ADSM-L

Re: Linux Client on Debian?

2002-12-06 07:51:39
Subject: Re: Linux Client on Debian?
From: Lars Bebensee <LBebensee AT HAITEC DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 13:51:00 +0100
Hi there,

either way, using alien to convert the packages or using "rpm --nodeps"
worked for me so far for the client and the server. I was installing them
on woody (stable) as well as sarge (testing), using distro as well as
customized kernels ver 2.2.x as well as 2.4.x. Just make sure you are using
"alien -c" when converting the server rpm so things get setup correctly.
The server will not start otherwise. Haven't tested the server much up to
now but the client runs like a charm.
The thing thats still missing with the client is an image functionality to
save a whole partition. Anyone  on this list got an idea if it will be
available soon??

Cya Lars