ADSM-L

Re: Schedule successfull despite severe error, nothing in act log

2002-12-05 13:23:05
Subject: Re: Schedule successfull despite severe error, nothing in act log
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 13:21:12 -0500
One of the very nice features of Servergraph/TSM is that it queries the
filespaces daily and sends email notifications when a filespace is not
successfully backed up.  It does not rely on a schedule event successful
message to determine whether the backup did in fact complete.

David Ehresman
A satisfied customer

>>> Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM 12/05/02 10:39AM >>>
Hi everybody,
Our config: tsm server aix 4.2.1.15, client W2K 4.2.1.20

we got following message in dsmsched.log of one of our users files
server:

ANS4038E An error occured processing file system '\\hqvevxxx\f:'

Corresponding schedule was SUCCESSFULL!, the message was not reported
in the
activity log, that mean nobody realized that for 6 days, the 500'000
user
files were not any more backed-up.

Any comment ? I would say this is a severe bug, what do you think ?

Regards,

Reni LAMBELET
NESTEC  SA
GLOBE - Global Business Excellence
Central Support Center
Information Technology
Av. Nestli 55  CH-1800 Vevey (Switzerland)
til +41 (0)21 924 35 43   fax +41 (0)21 703 30 17   local UBS-Nestec,
Bussigny
mailto:rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com

This message is intended only for the use of the addressee
        and may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.