ADSM-L

DRM on Windows - Help on getting it going?

2002-12-04 18:03:48
Subject: DRM on Windows - Help on getting it going?
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 17:02:51 -0600
Sofar what I see of DRM is great.  Especially at easing my daily tasks.
Yes we are new to DRM.

Anyone have some gotya's we should be aware of?

Sofar to do a recovery, on our DR server, it seems we need

1. OS installed and configured.
2. TSM installed, but not configured?
3. TSM client installed and configured for the DR machine (not for the
original backup system?)

4. run planexpl.vbs with the plan file ... sofar so good.
5. run recovery.script.disaster.mode.recovery.cmd with arguments of the tsm
admin and tsm admin's tsm password.

6. it runs famously, deleting the old invocation, defining the new db,
recovery logs.
7. PROBLEM HERE: it does not import the data from the tape in the tape
library to rebuild the database.

8. the database never apparently starts
9. so using dsmadmc from the client directory to do setting licenses, and
other stuff fails.

What am I missing here?