ADSM-L

3494 Partitioning or TSM Library Manager

2002-12-04 11:19:34
Subject: 3494 Partitioning or TSM Library Manager
From: Joshua Bassi <jbassi AT IHWY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 08:18:45 -0800
All,

I am deploying 3 new TSM server on a single p690 LPAR.  There is a 3494
with 32-tape drives attached to the system.  I have a choice to make
whether to use the old 3494 category scheme to separate my 3 TSM servers
or should I use the TSM Library Manger feature to control access to all
32 tape drives?

First of all, how many customers are using the Library Manager feature
of TSM?  What kind of caveats are there in deploying this feature?  How
well does the automatic tape drive allocation work?  Thanks in advance.

--
Joshua S. Bassi
IBM Certified - AIX 4/5L, SAN, Shark

AIX, HACMP, Storage, TSM Consultant