ADSM-L

Re: Library Full

2002-12-04 08:36:47
Subject: Re: Library Full
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 08:33:08 -0500
>IBM 3581 LTO ( single drive, 7 slots )
>
>Whenever i am trying to checkin a new volume, i am getting the error
>message Library is full. However, there are three free slots available. I
>did Audit library, i am getting the same error message " ANR 8314E ".What
>could be the reason?

Raghu - I wonder if the 3581 believes that it is full, and is telling TSM
        that...
There is no substitute for actually inspecting the device in question,
rather than just looking at TSM's reaction to it.  I don't have a 3581,
but the manual indicates that the bottom of its display panel has a row
of indicators, one for each slot, and will be "lit" if the slot is
occupied - or that the device believes it is.  You may want to, at a
good time, power-cycle the 3581 with inventorying enabled.  Page 81
of the manual seems to describe that.

  Richard Sims, BU