ADSM-L

ANR3605E Unable to communicate with storage agent.

2002-12-04 01:34:33
Subject: ANR3605E Unable to communicate with storage agent.
From: Eric Winters <ewinters AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 17:27:54 +1100
Dear All,

I'm backing up using TDP for R/3 3.2.0.12 over the SAN (to 3 tape drives)
using Storage Agent 4.2.3 (AIX) to TSM server 4.2.3 on AIX.
The backup works fine BUT I see repeated occurrences (anywhere between 3
and 9) of the following 2 messages.

ANR3605E Unable to communicate with storage agent.
ANR0479W Session 8897 for server MY_STGAGENT (AIX-RS/6000) t erminated -
connection with server severed.

There are no other messages in the activity log to suggest what happened.
The backups continue happily.

I run the server to server communications over a gigabit network - I
assumed at first we may have an intermittent network problem, but I also
have a 10/100 Mb ethernet lan too and I still see these pesky messages if I
use this network for communication to the storage agent.

Incidentally the messages can begin anywhere from 20 mins to 45 mins after
the backup starts.
The storage agent is configured for maxsessions 25.

Has anyone else experienced these messages and found a way to get rid of
them?

Thanks,

Eric Winters
Sydney Australia