ADSM-L

Re: upgrade TSM client

2002-12-02 19:26:12
Subject: Re: upgrade TSM client
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 18:57:38 -0500
Kurt,

TDP for SQL upgrades after version 2.2.0 will install over the
top of each other. The same is true for TDP for Exchange.
The BA client is like that for most platforms, in some cases,
there may be a situation that causes you to uninstall the
previous version first... but in all cases your dsm.opt
and/or other config files should be preserved.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Never cut what can be untied.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.

> That is the proper way to upgrade TSM clients (TSM 3.7.x and TSM 4.1.x
clients
> on Windows and TSM 4.1.x client on HPUX)
>
> 1. Just install the new client over the old version
>
> 2. Uninstall first the old client. What about the client config files
(dsm.opt, inclexcl files and
> dsm.sys). Remain they intact or copy them first to another location. And
what about the TSM client
> schedular service: just stop it or should it be uninstalled first prior
to the uninstall of the BA
> client).  Install now the new version. And if necessary copy the config
files again and start the
> schedular again. Test the connectivity by launching the BA GUI.

> And the same question for the TDP's of MS SQL and the TDP for Informix on
HPUX.

> The upgrade process for the server is well discussed in the installation
guide, but I don't find this > information for the B/A client.