ADSM-L

devices and location code question in aix

2002-11-27 13:58:44
Subject: devices and location code question in aix
From: Justin Bleistein <justin.bleistein AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 13:50:27 -0500
Below is output of an "lsdev" command in AIX. Anyone have any good
documentation or can someone sum up for me how to physically locate these
disks/adapters physically in the system by these location codes in this
output. Can anyone make sense out of this. I am mainly interested in PCI
readings for obvious reasons. Any input would be appreciated thanks!

# lsdev -Cc disk
hdisk0  Available 40-60-00-4,0 16 Bit SCSI Disk Drive
hdisk1  Available 11-08-L      SSA Logical Disk Drive
hdisk5  Available 11-08-L      SSA Logical Disk Drive
hdisk6  Available 21-08-L      SSA Logical Disk Drive
hdisk13 Available 21-08-L      SSA Logical Disk Drive
hdisk14 Available 11-08-L      SSA Logical Disk Drive
hdisk2  Available 40-60-00-8,0 16 Bit SCSI Disk Drive
hdisk3  Available 21-08-L      SSA Logical Disk Drive
hdisk4  Available 11-08-L      SSA Logical Disk Drive
hdisk7  Available 21-08-L      SSA Logical Disk Drive
hdisk8  Available 11-08-L      SSA Logical Disk Drive
hdisk9  Available 21-08-L      SSA Logical Disk Drive
hdisk10 Available 21-08-L      SSA Logical Disk Drive
hdisk11 Available 11-08-L      SSA Logical Disk Drive
hdisk12 Available 21-08-L      SSA Logical Disk Drive

--Justin