ADSM-L

exchange restore to different server

2002-11-27 07:28:33
Subject: exchange restore to different server
From: chris rees <rees_chris AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:25:05 +0000
All,

I have been trying to get Exchange 2000 restore working to a different
server name with no luck so far. (Everything is on Win2K SP3)

We have cluster node1 backing up successfully with a storage group of "First
Storage Group".  We also have another standalone server on the same network
called node2.  TSM client 5.1.5.0 and TDP 2.2 for Exchange are installed on
both.

On Node 2 the TDP Exchange GUI can see the backups from Node1 when you click
on the restore tab. The command line also works o.k using /fromserver and
/excserver.

However, when I try and execute the restore I get "An Unknown API error has
occured"

Node 2 is in a seperate forest, site etc but other than that the Exchange
configuration is identical ( apart from server name )

I know this can be done from reading posts on the newsgroup so any help
greatly appreciated!

Regards

Chris