ADSM-L

Re: Moving or deleting a single file in a volume

2002-11-26 07:37:14
Subject: Re: Moving or deleting a single file in a volume
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 07:31:36 -0500
Elio,

What are you trying to do?
What do you mean you want to "move" it
to another volume? A TDP for Exchange
has no concept of "volumes". If you have moved
the location of your Exchange database files
using the Exchange System Manager, and
now you want to do a restore... TDP for Exchange
will handle the restore to the new location.

You cannot "delete" it without deleting
the filespace. If you run a full backup on
that storage group, it will expire the
database and your policies will handle the deletion.

If I did not answer your questions, please be more
specific on what you are trying to accomplish.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Never cut what can be untied.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.