ADSM-L

private volume returns into sctatch?

2002-11-26 04:26:08
Subject: private volume returns into sctatch?
From: "kurt.beyers AT pandora DOT be" <kurt.beyers AT PANDORA DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:22:59 +0100
Hi everybody,

My environment is TSM 5.1.1.6 on a Win2k server.

I take every day a full TSM db backup to a private tape volume. The tapes are
checked in as private.

However, the past week it happened twice that a database tape was allocated in
the storage pool for the backup of the clients. If I check the activity log, it
says indeed "Scratch volume DB_MON is now defined in storage pool SSL_POOL1."

I've checked in the tape with a status private, but somehow it was returned as
being scratch.  Am I'm missing something here? When I perform the command
'checkin libv ssl2020 search=bulk status=private', the tape is checked in as
private and  it shouldn't return to a status scratch. Has anybody else
experienced the same behaviour?

Thanks in advance,
Kurt