ADSM-L

moving to a new datacenter

2002-11-22 11:31:41
Subject: moving to a new datacenter
From: "Camilo A. Marrugo" <camilo AT DIALTONE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 11:30:55 -0500
Hello,

I need some advice if possible, we are moving to a new datacenter and we
are living the TSM server % Library back here on the old datacenter
until we migrate completely to the new datacenter. I need to know if
with a 150 mbt connections from the new datacenter client nodes will be
fine running backups to the TSM server. The new nodes are mostly linux
fileservers and webservers, with an average of 10GB each with a data
changing % of 10% daily bases. The TSM server is connected to the
network with a 1GB connection.

The backups are incremental. If you have anything for me to have in mind
when working on setting the new nodes, please let me know.

Greatly Appreciated,
Camilo Marrugo
--
Camilo A. Marrugo