ADSM-L

Re: Trouble restoring SQL database

2002-11-21 12:11:02
Subject: Re: Trouble restoring SQL database
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 12:09:27 -0500
Ken,

The SQL Server is preventing the restore from completing
without telling you why. I wonder if there is a missing
backup or the differential is being applied to the
wrong version of the backup. If you cannot get it to work for you,
please call support so documentation can be obtained
that will help in diagnosing this issue.
They will need the SQL Server logs for the restore as well
as the for the time period when the original backup was taken.
They will also need the VDI log... and the TDP for SQL logs
for the time period also.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Never cut what can be untied.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.